Thursday, April 6, 2017

Spring changes 2017 and Refresh-Renew Candles


Spring is in the air!
And so are changes...


I began my blog journey as a way to document the changes in our life as we transitioned from one home to another across miles of countryside.  That was in 2010...I didn't know what the future held, and connecting to my blog was incredibly healing.

 I fell deeply in love with "blog-land" and enjoyed connecting to my favorite bloggers each week.
I watched them grow, and challenged myself to learn more, post new projects and improve my photo skills.   I brought my own style to each home we moved to (5 total so far), and cultivated my passion for "Refreshing and Renewing" both "found" items picked up along the way, and the age worn items we held on to.
 My passion for creativity found roots in Texas, and lately blogging has been put on the back burner as life has taken exciting turns over the last year.
Creative home decor has slowly evolved into something outside of my home.   
Last year I stepped out of my comfort zone, and set up a few booth spaces with some incredibly creative business women.  A new world was opened to me as a vendor at local antique markets, and I accepted an invitation to share a booth space in Warrenton, TX during the Fall antique market week.  
Warrenton and Round Top are known as one of the largest antique markets in the country...miles and miles of anything and everything from gorgeous Swedish antiques to pure junking picker opportunities.   
If you like this type of shopping...these markets come around twice a year,  and are heaven on earth!
At my first show last Fall and I brought everything I love from my "Refresh and Renew" style to this market....old signs, candle holders, rustic vintage finds painted fresh---and new items I enjoyed creating.

I was humbled by how massive a scale the market was and was quite literally unprepared for the opportunity from an inventory and branding standpoint.
 Six months later, I was motivated to step up my game and "The Find" was born. 
I have worked on developing a brand style,  
a new business card,  a web store, and an active Facebook following.  
The name "The Find" fits me perfectly 
as I never know what kind of collection I will put together...
it all depends on what I find as I pick and treasure hunt and create. 

 This Spring in addition to refreshing "found" items, 
I also ventured into a producing an inventory of rustic handmade 
candles and soap/lotion/bath salt bottles.
Everything has a very specific "rustic-glam" style.  


Metallic colors mixed with rusty embellishments.   
The combination is my natural bent...old and vintage with a bit of shine.
I wanted to create items that women would want in their own home 
or be able to give as a thoughtful gift.

Apothecary style bottles with rustic hand pumps for soap or lotions.  
Mercury glass containers with rusty roses.  

Gorgeous driftwood votive sculptures.  


Metallic Mason jar candles that have a great homey scent
...trays, and pillows with down inserts---small touches of luxury that make you smile when you see them.


I am excited about shaping a more specific brand for The Find.
And you'll find a familiar phrase on each candle:


 I have a lot to learn as I grow as a company,  but I am enjoying the process.
Thank you for coming along with me.

The Find and Twisted Barrel designs just finished our Spring Show at Warrenton, March 24-April 1st--and will be back for the Fall Show the first week of October!  
Come say "hi" and check out 
@thefindatfulshear on Facebook
www.thefindatfulshear.com

{If you would like to order a candle you can PM me on facebook.}




























No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for making my day and leaving a comment! :o)